FLINDERS RANGES NATIONAL LANDSCAPES
- Tourism Australia continue to “sell” National Landscapes to the world – check out http://www.australia.com/campaigns/nationallandscapes/FlindersRanges.htm
- The australia.com “National Landscapes” page receives 1.4million hits per month & is translated into 14 languages.
- This is the only region specific information on australia.com – each NL having it’s own promotional, downloadable DVD
- World media have been supplied with fact sheets on the Flinders Ranges National Landscape, we have featured in international travel publications; Dreamscapes, My Australia, Australian Geographic and Travelling in Australia
- International travel agents wishing to specialise in Australia now must complete a “National Landscapes” module before they will be an approved “Aussie Specialist”.
- We have won commonwealth funding to develop a Flinders Ranges Experiences Development Strategy.
- The EDS is a specialist strategy focused on identifying & developing world class experiences.
- A tender will go out to consultants to assist in developing and writing the EDS
- Workshops will be held to seek operator input – much the same as the Interpretation and Branding strategies developed during the Mountains of Memory project.
What does this mean for me/my business?
- If you are not already, this may provide you with an opportunity to sell your “product” internationally – either directly or as a part of a wider experience
- You may find a product gap that you can fill
- By being aware of, and linking to, other National Landscape experiences you will, as a minimum, increase the number of potential customers who are aware of you
- In short – greater exposure = greater potential turnover!
How Can I be involved?
- Come to the workshops!! I strongly encourage you all to come along to the workshops, you don’t have to be an expert in destination development, or marketing, or branding, you don’t need to be a huge tourism business with a limitless marketing budget – just be passionate about your business and tourism in the Flinders Ranges!
- As more information becomes available I will send it out. At this stage it appears as if the workshops will be held around January & February 2011 – stay tuned!
- Align yourself with the Brand. Use the FR logo – it is downloadable from FRTOA website, free to use & immediately identifies you as a Flinders Ranges operator. Go to: http://www.frtoa.com.au/branding complete a condition of use document & send to FRTOA & use of the logo is yours.
How can I find out more?